What has aliens, big explosions, AWD cars with machine guns mounted to them, and multiplayer with up to 16 other players…. Yup, Halo has returned with its fourth installment. This time without any help from Bungie; Halo is now completely and solely a Microsoft game. One of the most anticipated titles of this year and possibly ever; Halo 4 doesn’t disappoint; stunning graphics, great layout, new multiplayer ranking system, and of course a fragtastic campaign. The environments are rich and full; and features classic maps from previous games; it’s amazing how refined they are from the the 3rd game. Halo 4 also features few new vehicles and weapons (while still retaining all the classic goodness), a zillion different ways to fully customize your spartan, and great new faster layout and loading screens.
Let’s face it, this game is one of the reason people OWN an Xbox, the Halo franchise and community is something that has grown so substantially over the years, it’s turned into an empire of its own. That being said, it’s no surprise that this game is a sole entity for buying and playing JUST the multiplayer. Without getting into the nitty-gritty of this bad ass space man lets just face the facts:
1. The game comes on 2 disks; one solely for campaign the other for installing the multiplayer (it can also be downloaded from the Xbox Marketplace from within the game)
2. Everything is faster, smoother, and better… no surprise there; from everything to the graphics engine to the gameplay just FEELS newer. (…it’s about time)
3. The single player campaign is FULL of extras; its absolutely worth playing right off the bat, solo or with friends; the story does not disappoint.
4. The game has been engineered for the new Waypoint.com and Xbox SmartGlass. That in mind, have your smart phone or tablet loaded with the app, sync’ed up, and enjoy your stats real time as you play.
5. A geekgasm for gamers! LOTS of extras, and the holiday season is just around the corner… this is a MUST HAVE TITLE.
GIA Rating 9/10
ESRB Rating: M
More information on Halo 4 can be found on their website at halowaypoint.com